1. No copyright clearance necessary. Especially beneficial to remote instructors teaching online classes.
2. Don't wait for the materials to change - change the materials!
3. We are preparing our students for future jobs which don't yet exist. How can we best prepare them for this when the textbooks for these jobs may not exist either?
4. Agility in an uncertain world. Will your students be able to get their materials during the next global, supply-chain disrupting event?
5. Goodwill from your students. College is expensive. Why not try to make paying back their student loans easier?