Make sure to try to access online resources during each step, below. If at any time you are
able to access these resources, you make stop troubleshooting at that step.
1. Are you located inside of the US or Canada?
- If yes, make sure your VPN (i.e. GlobalProtect) is OFF. If not successful, continue to step 3.
- If no, continue to step 2.
2. Does the helpdesk have a Remote Access Consent Form on file for you?
- If yes, make sure your VPN (i.e. GlobalProtect) is ON. If not successful, continue to step 3.
- If no, they need to fill out a Remote Access Consent Form and email it to the Helpdesk.
3. Are you logged into Canvas/Blackboard?
- If yes, continue to step 4.
- If no, log into Canvas/Blackboard and try again. If this is not successful, continue to step 4.
- If you are unable to log into Canvas/Blackboard, please contact the Help Desk.
4. Does the unaccessible URL include "ezproxy.ltu.edu"?
- If yes, continue to step 5.
- If no, append "https://ezproxy.ltu.edu:9443/login?url= " to the beginning of the URL and try again.
If this isn't successful, continue to step 5.
5. Try accessing a different database requiring EZProxy.
- If the other database works, gather the name of the original database with the problem and
contact the LTU Library so that they can reach out for vendor for support.
- If neither database works, continue to step 6.
6. Try to log out of Canvas/Blackboard, clear their browser’s cache, log back into Canvas/Blackboard.
- If the problem persists, continue to step 7.
7. Verify that your browser is up to date with the latest version.
- If so, continue to step 7.
- If not, update their browser and try again. If the problem persists, continue to step 8.
8. Try using a different web browser (Chrome, IE, or Firefox).
- If the problem persists, continue to step 9.
9. Does your network location block EZProxy traffic (does it use a firewall)?
- If there are no network issues at the user’s location, escalate the issue to the Help Desk.
- After escalating this, you may request materials to be emailed to your from the LTU Library.
I am locked out of my Canvas/Blackboard account and/or can't change my password.
- Contact the Help Desk.
I am being asked for my Blackboard login information/credentials. Where do I find those?
- It is the same information that you use to log into Canvas.
I am locked out of my TechCat account and/or can't change my password.
- Contact the LTU Library. They will need to verify your information first.
I do not know how to use any of sites/databases. Is there a tutorial for them?
- Yes, there are tutorials for our most widely used resources HERE.
How do I view/download articles from EBSCO Databases?
- Click on PDF Full Text and Download PDF. Watch this short tutorial about this.
How do I view/download articles from ProQuest Databases?
- Click on Full Text or Full-Text - PDF. Watch this short tutorial about this.
How do I view/download eBooks from EBSCO or ProQuest?
- Check out these tutorials on EBSCO and ProQuest eBooks.
I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions but I don't see my eBook listed in it.
- You probably forget to AUTHORIZE Adobe Digital Editions. Instructions are HERE.