Try to access online resources after each step, below. If at any time you are
able to access these resources, you make stop troubleshooting.
1. Are you located inside of the US or Canada?
- If yes, turn your VPN (GlobalProtect) OFF. If not successful, go to step 3.
- If no, continue to step 2.
2. Does the helpdesk have a Remote Access Consent Form on file for you?
- If yes, turn your VPN (GlobalProtect) ON. If not successful, go to step 3.
- If no, fill out a Remote Access Consent Form and email it to the Helpdesk.
3. Are you logged into Canvas?
- If yes, go to step 4.
- If no, log into Canvas and try again. If this is not successful, go to step 4.
- If you are unable to log into Canvas/Blackboard, contact the Help Desk.
4. Does the inaccessible URL include "ezproxy.ltu.edu"?
- If yes, go to step 5.
- If no, append "https://ezproxy.ltu.edu:9443/login?url= " to the top of the URL.
- Try again with updated URL. If this isn't successful, go to step 5.
5. Try accessing a different database requiring EZProxy.
- If the other database works, record the name of the problemed database.
- Email the LTU Library with the database name so they can fix it..
- If neither database works, go to step 6.
6. Try to log out of Canvas, clear their browser’s cache and log back into Canvas.
- If the problem persists, go to step 7.
7. Verify that your browser is up to date with the latest version.
- If so, go to step 8.
- If not, update their browser and try again. If the problem persists, go to step 8.
8. Try using a different web browser (Chrome, IE, or Firefox).
- If the problem persists, go to step 9.
9. Does your network location block EZProxy traffic (does it use a firewall)?
- If there are no network issues, escalate the issue to the Help Desk.
After step 9, you may request materials to be emailed to you from the LTU Library.
I am locked out of my Canvas account and/or can't change my password.
- Contact the Help Desk.
I am locked out of my TechCat account and/or can't change my password.
- Contact the LTU Library. They will need to verify your information first.
I do not know how to use any of sites/databases. Is there a tutorial for them?
- Yes, there are tutorials for our most widely used resources HERE.
How do I view/download articles from EBSCO Databases?
- Click on PDF Full Text. Watch this short tutorial about this.
How do I view/download articles from ProQuest Databases?
- Click on Full Text or Full-Text - PDF. Watch this short tutorial about this.
How do I view/download eBooks from EBSCO or ProQuest?
- Check out these tutorials on EBSCO and ProQuest eBooks.
I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions but I don't see my eBook listed in it.
- You probably forget to AUTHORIZE Digital Editions. Instructions are HERE.