Acquiring a Dissertation:
There is usually a cost to acquiring a dissertation but it can vary greatly. If it is not available through a link in the identification tool, contact the library regarding interlibrary loan or purchasing options.
- free electronic access - not always available
- borrow through interlibrary loan - sometimes, though not always, libraries will loan a print copy of a dissertation. If a borrowing fee is charged, it may be more cost effective for you to purchase the dissertation
- Interlibrary Loan, find the title in TechCat, click on the red "Request Interlibrary Loan" button and complete the form
- purchase through LTU Library/Dissertation Express - contact library for current cost
- purchase directly from Proquest/UMI site - most expensive but may be available as a PDF
- for additional information on searching for and acquiring dissertations, please contact a Reference Librarian.